The European Medicines Agency (EMA)
and the Heads of Medicines Agencies (HMA) have developed a joint strategy
for the next five years. It was recently released for a two-month public consultation period (6 July, 2020).
It outlines six priority areas:
- the availability and accessibility of medicines;
- data analytics, digital tools and digital transformation;
- antimicrobial resistance and other emerging health threats;
- supply chain challenges; and
- the sustainability of the network and operational excellence.
The draft strategy details how European agencies can continue to ensure safe supply of medicines and meet patients needs in the face of technological developments and threats including pandemics like COVID-19.
Read the DRAFT STRATEGY here.