Protecting the health and safety of trial participants is extremely important to us at Cromos Pharma. We take a special approach to site selection and in choosing Investigators. While most companies face challenges in subject recruitment and retention, Cromos is one step ahead and consistently on track when it comes to achieving the “Last Patient In” target. Our key focus is on maintaining our extensive professional network which has consistently delivered patients supportive of the clinical trial research process.
By analyzing study population, sites’ motivation to enroll, type of disease, subjects’ barriers to participate in studies (e.g. travel distances, a number of clinic visits), we have developed a significant resource that facilitates identification, recruitment and retention of the precise type of patients required across a broad range of studies.
Finally, Cromos Pharma engages its feasibility team in each study startup period. By doing this, the knowledge gained during the feasibility process is shared and transferred efficiently to the clinical carryout team, thus ensuring effective communication and cross-pollination of the optimal enrollment and startup activities across the teams.
Patient Recruitment and Retention Services
- Promotional and educational materials: we work with Investigator teams to implement different tools aimed at increasing subjects’ interest in enrolling in new treatments and participating in clinical trials (brochures, posters, reference tools).
- DTC outreach: we assist Investigators in increasing the awareness among potential participants of clinical trials by organizing of seminars for participants and their families in order to familiarize them with the clinical trial process and how such research contributes to the development of new treatments. We additionally assist Investigators in the business of digital marketing, website, social media, mobile applications, all critical tools in ensuring that both clinicians and patients become aware of relevant studies.
- Investigator’s materials: site recognition program, distribution of newsletters that both recognize high achieving PIs and study coordinators, as well as sharing best practices among sites, designing mini-protocols for clinical staff, and laminated inclusion/exclusion criteria cards.
- Booster visits: face-to-face meetings with all Investigator site team members.
- Referral sites: database with contact information physicians (out-patient department, private hospitals, regional hospitals) with whom agreements on recruitment of patients for participation in clinical trials are signed.
- Commitment to patients: creating reimbursement procedures (taxi, accommodation, meals vouchers).
- Patient’s materials: patient newsletters, welcome packet, visit calendar and reference cards.
To learn more about our expertise and services related to patient recruitment and retention, please contact our Head of Feasibility Division.