Key Takeaways from SCOPE Summit 2023
The SCOPE conference is an annual event that brings together leaders in clinical operations, clinical research, and information technology to share insights, best practices, and innovations in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries. The conference features keynote speakers, panel discussions, workshops, and networking opportunities to help attendees stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in clinical operations.
Cromos Pharma’s Chief Operating Officer, Stephanie Finnegan, and US Business Development Director, Nicole Brenna, recently attended the 14th Annual SCOPE Summit, on February 6-9 in Orlando, FL. They took part in discussions with key opinion leaders about current clinical research trends, and held a significant number of meetings with Sponsors to discuss their clinical program plans and challenges. Their key takeaways from this year’s SCOPE:
- There was an air of excitement and high energy, possibly because, for many, this was the first face to face conference they’d attended post-COVID.
- Pent up demand notwithstanding, pharma companies are even more attentive to budget concerns.
- Possibly due to financial pressures, there is increased interest in exploring ex-US clinical venues, and even earlier in the clinical trial timeline.
- Patient engagement remains a hot topic. It’s important to really understand the way patients learn about clinical trials, and how they prefer to communicate so that they will stay engaged in the trial.
- Patient diversity continues to be a key topic for discussion.
- The industry is one big team – we won’t succeed if we don’t form partnerships. Everyone has a common goal, so we need to work together.
- People don’t want vendors – they want partners. Sponsors need timely communication and a reliable feedback loop. They want partners to identify their needs early and provide practical solutions today vs. tomorrow.
For Сromos Pharma, an annual visit to SCOPE has become a tradition. The summit consistently provides excellent opportunities for attendees to network with peers, share best practices, and learn from industry experts.
Look for us at SCOPE EU in Barcelona on October 16 and 17, 2023, and we also hope to see our clients and partners at the SCOPE Summit 2024!
If you have any questions or want to find out more about how Cromos Pharma can support your next clinical trial please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.