August is National Immunization Awareness Month- Cromos Pharma
August is Immunization Awareness Month, which is aimed to promote the use of vaccines to protect people of all ages against diseases.
The current COVID 19 pandemic demonstrates the value of vaccines and reminds us that they are some of the most powerful weapons that we have against a range of deadly diseases. Vaccines help to prevent infectious disease outbreaks, thereby protecting global health security. Mankind is yet to find a more successful tool for averting harmful diseases.
Vaccines stimulate an organism’s immune system to protect it from bacteria and viruses that cause infection. After vaccination, the immune system is prepared to react quickly when the body is faced with a pathogen.
Below are some interesting facts about vaccines:
- Vaccines save millions of lives every year and have transformed our societies, reducing infant mortality rates, and allowing people of all ages to stay healthy. There are now vaccines for over 20 deadly diseases available worldwide, which help to prevent 3,5-5 million deaths annually.
- Most vaccines are administered through an injection, but there are some that can be taken orally or intranasally. These types of vaccines are easier to manufacture and manage. A further benefit of oral and intranasal vaccines, is that they activate the immune cells of the mucous membrane in addition to those of body fluids. Therefore, these vaccines are especially helpful in protecting against intestinal infections such as cholera, polio, or rotavirus.
- When a disease ceases to circulate in a region, it is regarded as eliminated. For instance, in the US rubella and diphtheria were eliminated by the national vaccination effort, and smallpox is regarded as eradicated worldwide.
- Alarmingly, according to world statistics, the vaccination rate is beginning to fall, with 25 million children missing out on lifesaving vaccines in 2021, up by 2 million than in 2020, and by 6 million than in 2019.
- At the same time, the number of vaccinations against COVID-19 is growing. According to vaccination statistics for COVID, 2%of the world population has received at least one dose of a vaccine. 12.4 billion doses have been administered globally, and 6.65 million are now administered each day. However, only 20.2% of people in low-income countries have received at least one dose.
- COVID-19 has garnered a lot of attention globally, and continues to spread, but it is not the only dangerous disease that we are faced with. Continuous vigilance must be exercised against other serious diseases such as influenza, tuberculosis, and polio. Vaccination remains the main weapon in the fight against the spread of such diseases.
At Cromos Pharma, we recognize the immense role vaccines have played in defeating some of the most feared diseases, from smallpox to polio. Vaccination saves millions of lives each year and is widely acknowledged to be one of the most successful and cost-effective health interventions in the world.
Cromos Pharma has extensive expertise in vaccine-related clinical trials. If you have any questions or want to find out more about how Cromos Pharma can support your next clinical program, please get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are some useful guideline links that can help remain abreast of today’s recommended vaccination schedules both in children/adolescents and in adults:
About Cromos Pharma
Cromos Pharma is a US-based, international contract research organization delivering fully integrated clinical research solutions, in all trial phases, across a wide range of therapeutic indications. Our expert team, comprised of 95% MDs, has extensive expertise in study design, medical writing, regulatory affairs, site management, patient recruitment and data management.
Cromos Pharma has experience in delivering success in a wide range of trial types, from biosimilars and generics, to successfully managing trials of novel therapeutics in a wide range of clinical indications. Our team provides full-service solutions to international pharma and biotech companies in high-recruiting regions, assuring exceptional data quality. Cromos Pharma combines global expertise with in-depth experience and knowledge in the US, Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Republic of Georgia, and Türkiye to offer exceptional patient recruitment. Our team has met or reduced enrollment timelines in 95% of conducted trials.
We provide accelerated study start-up timelines in our regions of operation. Regulatory inspections by FDA and EMA and site audits attest to the highest quality of our clinical data.
Established in 2004, Cromos Pharma has strong regional experience that is supported by a global network of offices. Its international HQ is located in Portland, Oregon, USA and its European HQ is in Dublin, Ireland.
If you have any questions or want to find out more about how Cromos Pharma can support your next clinical program please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.